The process from farm to fork with animal rights activist Joshua Entis
Welcome to episode 22 of the Weekly Dose of You4ia Podcast. This week I was fortunate enough to sit down and chat with animal rights activist, Joshua Entis. Josh is doing incredible things and spreading such an important message. Josh is a full time animal rights activist and dedicates his life to raising awareness about the horrific things that are happening to animals all over the world, just so we can eat. Josh witnesses the horrific things that are happening to these animals first hand while being so passionate about the vegan movement and how it benefits the whole world. Josh travels the world as an activist and documents everything that is going on behind closed doors in these horrible industry’s.
In this episode we discuss:
- Josh’s live growing up in Los Angeles.
- Josh’s upbringing living a traditional life, the way America wanted him to live.
- His explorations to Israel where he found himself.
- The foods josh was eating growing up and how he was so disconnected between the food on his plate and where it came from.
- Josh’s transition into a plant based diet and the reason behind doing this.
- Josh breaks down the documentary ‘earthlings’ and ‘dominion’.
- The definition of a sentient being.
- The process of farm to fork for a piece of bacon.
- The difference between ‘organic’, ‘ethically’ sourced meats and ‘factory farms’.
- Why our dollar is considered our vote.
- What happens behind closed doors in the dairy and egg industry.
- Why the circle of life is the wrong attitude in 2019.
- Why education is key.
- What an animal rights activist is and how Josh dedicates his life to this great cause.
- How to become more active in the community.
- Josh’s top places to eat in Australia:
1. Particle cinnamon – Avondale heights, Melbourne, Australia
2. Shift eatery – Sydney, Australia
Josh is doing incredible things and I am so grateful I had the opportunity to have this raw, unfiltered chat exposing the horrible things that are happening in these industries. Josh posts some amazing content through his Instagram page and on his website also. If you would like to get in contact with Josh his details are below.
Instagram - Joshua.entis