Why passion is the key to success
Welcome to episode 4 of the ‘Weekly Dose of You4ia’ Podcast. This week I had the absolute pleasure of sitting down with the Zac and Cat Balmain, the owners of one of the most iconic vegan cafes in Melbourne, Particle Café. This power couple are doing amazing things in the western suburbs of Melbourne and building an unbreakable community in the process. These guys are some of the most compassionate, humble, kind human beings I’ve ever had the pleasure of meeting and cant wait to share their story.
I personally used to work at Particle part time, and grew so much as a person being surrounded by like minded people who genuinely care about the health and wellbeing of everyone and everything. These guys not only creating wholesome plant based alternatives but are educating people in the process.
In this episode:
- We cover Zac’s upbringing and travel history which inspired his desire to start a café. We also cover his background and history owning numerous cafes all across Melbourne
- The start of Particle café and the transition period turning it from a standard café into one of the most iconic vegan cafes in Melbourne.
- Zac and Cat inspire us by sharing their story of resilience and how they didn’t let negative feedback or energy stop them from achieving their goals.
- Zac explains to us the milk alternatives they offer at particle and gives us the secret recipe for making your own nut mylk at home.
- Zac shares with us his process into the art of making the perfect cup of coffee.
- He shares with us some kitchen essentials which will aid your transition into veganism all while making your taste buds ignite.
- Zac gives us tips on how we can become more active in the community and stand up for what we believe in.
- Zac shares with us resources that we can use to help our transition into a plant based diet as well as advice for business owners considering the transition into a cruelty free, vegan business.
Nut Mylk Recipe:
Soak 300g of nuts overnight in tap water and a pinch of Himalayan saly to activate.
Rinse the nuts out in a strainer the next day.
Add nuts to a food processor with half of the 850ml of water and a sweetener (20g of agave syrup OR20g of maple syrup OR 2 medjool dates) for 2 – 3 minutes.
Add remaining amount of water and blitz on low speed for 10 seconds to bind together.
Strain through a nut bag into a bowl and store on fridge.
- Lasts 6 -7 days and Makes 1.7 Litres of nut mylk.
Documentaries to educate and empower your decision to turn: Search on Netflix or youtube.
What the health
These guys are an inspiration to many and are doing great things for not only the vegan community but the whole community in general. They are so passionate about what theyre doing and its quite evident throughout the episode. The food and drinks here you’re your taste buds ignite, and make you feel like your cheating when your actually not.
Address: 47 miliatary road, Avondale heights.
Instagram – @particlecafe
Facebook – Particle Cin (actvisim) or Particle Cinnamon (café)