The power of slowing down with Kristy Lea Brown
Welcome to epsidoe 10 of the ‘Weekly Dose of You4ia Podcast’, This week I was fortunate enough to chat with Kristy-Lea Brown. Kristy is more than a personal trainer, she is an avid women’s health and self-love advocate and dedicates her time to bettering the lives of as many people as she possibly can.
Kristy has an incredible journey and has experienced a diverse range of jobs which have shaped her into the trainer and person she is today.
In this episode we cover:
- Kristy’s journey into personal training and how her experiences have shaped who she is today.
- Why Kristy is so passionate about a holistic approach to health and wellness and why it is important, to not only crush your goals but to better your journey.
- How to broaden your focus to make long term changes and achieve your goals.
- The importance of listening to your body and how to really connect with yourself.
- The importance of slowing down from our manic lifestyles, and how to do it.
- The role self love and self care plays in our lives and why we should emphasise this before making any drastic lifestyle changes.
- What Kristy is doing with ‘Adventures Over Anxiety’ , why nature is so important a how setting aside time to connect with nature has impacted her life.
- tips for people on how to settle nerves while public speaking.
A great book Kristy recommends for anyone who is having trouble coming to terms with anxiety and a great resource in combatting it, is‘ Make the beast beautiful’ by Sarah Wilson.
I was so absorbed into this conversation I forgot I had to ask the questions. The motives behind every one of Kristy’s projects come from a place of love and truly wanting to better peoples lives.
You can connect with and follow Kristy-Lea’s journey on Instagram @kristyleabrown
Connect with Kristy and the team at their next hike - Details on Instagram @adventuresoveranxiety